Thursday 23 August 2012

Broken Sword 5 is Officially Here!!!

A huge "Hello" to all my faithful followers here in Blogger World.
Please forgive me for my complete lack of communication during 2012. Its been an incredible year, which has completely turned my life around- even more incredible than being fitted with a bionic jaw- But, i will save the life story for another post.... (Which WILL be before the end of the year!!) ;)

Anyways, what i am here for today, is that i want to share with you all, one of the latest projects i have been busy working on. I am currently Art Directing at Revolution where i am responsible for the Environments and 2D direction of Director "Charles Cecil's" project- "Broken Sword- The Serpent's Curse".
Today we have officially launched a "Kick-Starter" project, where hopefully with enough support and backing, Revolution will be able to completely self-publish a game for the first time and make Broken Sword their best game yet.
You can watch the video HERE (With a cameo from yours truly) and see the art work i have been helping our team of incredibly hard working and talented artists and programmers produce.

The next 6 images will show the process in which i have been working to create the Environments.
The rough work to the final line is all mine. My good friend and hugely inspiring/talented artist "Craig Elliott" painted the background, and then i finished it off, working into his colour, adding finishing touches, textures and finer details and changes.








For now, we are keeping a lot of work under our belts and will be releasing more through out the duration of the Kick-Starter. (Make sure to check out the video by following the link above.) There is more artwork to be seen on the video and hopefully over the next few weeks, i'll start to blow away the cobwebs from my dusty old blog and will post more here... (as well as finally some of my own personal artwork, and updating you all with my incredibly exciting year.)

Thank you so much to my incredibly faithful followers and all the people who contact me. You guys give me the encouragement to keep creating and keep believing in what i do. 2011 was the hardest year of my life (For many reasons) and i felt like i was hitting a brick wall at times, (even occasionally questioning my career as an artist). But, the faith and encouragement i received via my blog and at festivals (and of course the companies employing me) gave me the strength to never question my abilities and make the most out of every punch life throws at you- Good or Bad!
You guys rock and i can't thank you enough!!

Righty ho, back to work!!!
I will be back soon!!!

Love TCat.x

14 comments:

kjeldsenanders said...

Looks amazing!

kjeldsenanders said...

Really amazing! I like the character too.

aylin kaplan said...

Hoşgeldin Tori :) .Seni çok merak ettim, sağlığın için endişelendim.Çok geçmiş olsun.Çizimlerine ve yaşam mücadelene hayranım.Merakla dönmeni bekledim.Enerjin bana da yansıyor.(İngilizcem yeterli olmadığı için Türkçe yazdım, beni anlamanı umuyorum :) )

skypunch said...

I can't get enough of the background art! It looks so alive, I just want to examine everything. I'll be checking this blog regularly :)

libra bear said...

Haha, Welcome Back Tori. good to see your back on your feet again. Hope the project goes well

Unknown said...

The few backgrounds we see in that Kickstarter video are up there with the original games!

Oh and you totally stole the intro to the video. Has anyone ever said you look like Kirsten Dunst?

Unknown said...

The few backgrounds we see in that Kickstarter video are up there with the original games!

Oh and you totally stole the intro to the video. Has anyone ever said you look like Kirsten Dunst?

Unknown said...

Characters models are not good, there is majority disliking it, mimic whats iconic about Davegibbons art.

Regards

brako said...

great work ! I'm definitely looking forward to this game

Alexander said...

amazing....love it your gallery!!! great work!!!

"TORI CAT" said...

*ANDUUH-
Cheers dude!!! Glad you approve and like the Characters too. We are still developing the characters style and animation at the moment, and as this is all at a "Work in Progress stage" they will only (Hopefully) get better ;)

*AYLIN KAPLAN-
Thankyou for leaving a comment- i am just really sorry i don't understand what it says. I assume it is nice, as there is a smiley face :) Thanks!!

*SKYPUNCH-
Thanks so much!! I am glad your a fan of the backgrounds. We spend ALOT of time working on them, and then reworking them, adding lots of hidden treasures (extra fine eye details) that you hopefully only pick up on, the more and more you look into it. :)

*WES-
Hey Dude!! Cheers for the support. Yup, been a hell of a ride the last few years, what with my surgery and all, but i am back on my feet and using the second round of my Tori Cat 9 lives!! ;) Hope your keeping well and busy!!! :D

*PIERRE COLLECT-DERBY-
Thanks for your comment, and i am sorry to hear that you too are currently hitting that wall that i mentioned. It really is tough and i feel your pain, but please trust me. Have faith and never give up. I know its a hell of a lot easier said than done, but trust me, it does get better. Just keep believing in yourself and keep doing what you love. Good luck and stay strong!! :)


"TORI CAT" said...

*MOEEZ SIDDIQUI-
Glad to hear that backgrounds are living up to presage of the original 2D games.
haha, Your not the first person to tell me i resemble Kirsten Dunst- She is a pretty lady- There are much worse people to be compared too. ;) Thanks!!

*BRAKO-
Glad to hear you are looking forward to the game!!
Just hope it lives up to expectations! ;)

*ALEXANDER-
Thanks for ur comment, I hope the other backgrounds get the same response ;)

Albert said...

You are the best artist ever, I'm a big fan of you tori, you have no idea how i've been working just to create backgrounds as you do!! Wow! Would be awsome, really awsome if you make a Tutorial step by step how we can do to make such beutiful backgrounds! I'm on my way to create a graphic adventure and i'm trying to give that great effect on my backgrounds, hey would you like to see my creations?

Albert said...

You are the best artist ever, I'm a big fan of you tori, you have no idea how i've been working just to create backgrounds as you do!! Wow! Would be awsome, really awsome if you make a Tutorial step by step how we can do to make such beutiful backgrounds! I'm on my way to create a graphic adventure and i'm trying to give that great effect on my backgrounds, hey would you like to see my creations?
Greetings from Argentina.