Friday 1 May 2009

Tribal Village.... Work in Progress


FInished!!! I decided to stick with the vibrant red pallet as i loved trying something at bit different.
I have painted the final image in a different style to how i would usually paint. I have stuck with bold, flat, colours, and have payed little attention to the detail in the foreground, making the fire the main focal point.
This has been a fun treat to get stuck into whilst i am currently recovering from an operation. I could take it so much further, by trying different painting approaches, even adding characters...etc but i think for the time being, i'm ready to move onto the next big thing.....

3rd Colour Thumbnail. Midnight Blues, again completely changes the atmosphere. I feel this pallet has slightly more depth to it. Its good to try different colour pallets, rather than just settling with your first choice. Personally so far, I have really enjoyed the vibrant Reds in my 2nd thumbnail, to set the mood for the finished image.
Final Stage, now in progress. Come Back Soon....

2nd Colour Thumbnail. Vibrant Reds etc, create a sense of intense heat and danger. I'm enjoying the fear these colours bring to the scene, where as the greens seemed a little too safe. Its amazing how colour completely changes the mood.
Work in Progress..... More to come......

1st Colour Thumbnail. Stereotyped, Greens... friendly jungle colours....

Cleaned up final lines put together on many multiplane layers. Next Step.... Colour!

Rough Tonal Thumbnail. Next Job.... draw and clean it up.

24 comments:

ARI said...

Great sketch, waiting to see the clean up.

GOGOPEDRO said...

Beautiful
Looking forward to the finish.

P

Khylov said...

Since when were you in my backyard last? You've captured it perfectly here.

Jason Pruett said...

good lighting. yeah - everything you do is pretty much excellent. thanks for sharing.

stace_face said...

hay miss cat! i love your ratties there awesome! how did you get that rough texture?! also loving the tribal stuffs .... in fact i've got a lil character that would live rather happerly in there!

miss you munchkin let us know when your in the london area! xxxx

Scribbler said...

Outstanding work! Fantastic detail! The rats in the makeshift boat are great aswell! Keep 'em coming!!

Gulzar said...

nice work as always!

Sad to hear the loss of your close one!

Keep well...while in this changing time...

Best
Gulzar

Ique said...

Great job, and youre so young. Congratulations. I love them all! I´m following you.
Best
Ique

Marco Bucci said...

excellent paintings on this blog!!

Martin Bergquist said...

awesome work!

Sam Nielson said...

Awesome work! Your blog has been fun to browse through, glad you commented so I could follow your link!

Ique said...

Hi Tori,
Thank you. Your work is great too. Your trace is very consistent despite your low age. Congratulations.
I´m living in Rio, you´re right. When I saw the name "favelados", it had called my attention. The word in portuguese would´ve meen that we had something in common (laughing).Then I run to watch it, and what a great surprise: I love it. What a wonderfull backgrounds and characters designs. Actualy I´ve loved it all.
Have you been in Rio to feel it, take pictures, or get along the favela´s citizens?
It is really impressive that it is just film made for a student at that moment. You´re very talented.
May I publish a post in my blogger to tell the brazillian people about the film, and ask them all to watch it? It woud be a plesure for me.
Let´s keep in touch.
Best regards
Ique

Uli Meyer said...

These are wonderful, Tori. Great to see you exploring different color moods.
Can't wait to see more.

C.B. Canga said...

these are great tori. well done as alway.

i understand that you are busy. we all are.

keep up the amazing work.

C.Deboda said...

Hey Tori, thanks for stopping by recently. I'll be stopping here often as well...love your art! :)

g said...

hey, you have got nice stuff here :) keep it up

stace_face said...

haya magraw! hows your jaw me lovely? looks like youv'e been keping your hands busy! i'm loving the colours mush, twould be cool to see like a real combo with the vibrats of the red one with undertones in green.... but hay don't listern to me, i got a thing for red and green, lol, damn frenchy films, i love em! oooo and i've been a working on story boarding and character development ass a real job in london wahoooo be! ooo and dale evans there nice people i think... lol! big fudgy squeeze (coz i'm eating fudge he he) xxxxx

turcios curriculum said...

fantástico tu arte!

Anonymous said...

Love it, but thats what i'd expect. Think the final could do with alittle more blue in the darks but meh it might be my LcD. Top draw! xxx

Unknown said...

Hello Tori,

Yes! I checked out your student film and it's really cool and interesting looking. Favela came to my attention when we were doing some research for new IP and "Hulk" and "city of God" made me look very closely to the location. Rough layouts looks super tight, it's so interesting to see how different part of world/school does visdev process. I am familiar with Japanese and here in US- I think you guys are sort of doing a crossover between eastern and western style which makes your project more unique. Take care and good luck with your career! thanks for visiting my blog-I come back and visit yours from now.
Have a nice week,

Cecil

Mark Molnar said...

hey Tori!
awesome enviros as always!
it was great to see your progress shots and read your thoughts!
best!

Marcelo Vignali said...

23? Whew, can't wait to see what you'll be doing in ten years. You're off to a great start.

Juan Carlos Porras said...

Awesome work, love the layouts!

Rob said...

wow wow wow great stuff! your layouts have a great flow to them and i love your colour ideas. The sorta stuff i like doing but it never looks this good! inspiring!